Partner Visa (Subclass 820 and 801)(Onshore)/(Subclass 309 and 100)(Offshore)

This Visa allows partner or spouse of Australian citizen, Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia. To be eligible as a de-facto partner one must be in a relationship for 12 months. It is a two-stage process in which the applicant is first granted temporary partner visa (subclass 820/309) and allowed to stay in Australia until a decision is made on the permanent partner visa (subclass 801/100). The applicant lodges both the visas at the same time and pays one application fee. In some cases if there is a long term relationship then permanent visa (subclass 801/100) may be granted immediately after the temporary visa (subclass 820/309).  The criteria’s on which the application is assessed includes four key factors: financial aspects, nature of household, social aspects and commitment to each other.

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

This visa allows people to come to Australia to marry their fiancé. The duration of the visa is nine months and the holder of the visa must marry their fiancé and lodge partner visa (subclass 820/801) before the visa expires.

Applying for a partner visa can be really daunting. We have an expert team that specialises in partner visas and will guide your all the way through your application. All your questions answered, contact us now.